Hi guys! So a couple of Avatar/Korra-related sites teamed up and recently did an interview with the insanely-talented Jeremy Zuckerman.
He even mentioned a couple of tidbits about Book 3 and the possibility of an ATLA/LoK (Book 2) soundtrack.
It’s definitely worth the listen! Check it out here.
Keval even asked the question we’re all dying to know: When will Book 3 come out?
- The possibility of an ATLA soundtrack is still up in the air. Viacom (Nick) hasn’t rejected the idea yet, so it’s still possible. The same goes for a Book 2 soundtrack. (The the Book 1 soundtrack didn’t sell as well as the Nick executives had hoped, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Jeremy said the online petitions help, but they’re not enough.)
- Bolin will get an official theme song in Book 3. There’s something interesting the creators have in store for him.
- The music gets more intense in Book 3 (this definitely goes along with what Mike and Bryan said about the book being more “gritty” and “emotional”). Jeremy said there’s somewhat of a “harmonic” tinge to it.
- With regards to the release date… Jeremy said they have a lot of material ready to go and that they’re in “good shape”. He said they’re shouldn’t be “any long gaps or anything”… unless Viacom decides to do “something weird”. They have NOT decided on a release date as of yet.
- Mike, Bryan, Jeremy, and the production team plan on moving RIGHT INTO Book 4 after they finish the last stages of production for Book 3! They just have a couple of things left to tweak!
What does this mean for us? Less of a wait time for Book 4! Yippee!
There are some other interesting pieces of information but I definitely recommend a listen! My own best guess for the release date would be late summer, early fall (August/September at the latest).
Thanks for the synopsis!
Follow our series on SoundCloud.